Sunday, June 29, 2008

Greetings, PS Folks – Here’s My Secret.

I know I’m getting a lot of new visitors from the PostSecret blogroll, and I’d like to extend a special welcome to you kind folks. We might not have anything in common except for an interest in other people’s secrets, but that’s enough. We’re a union just by sayin’ so.

Because I’ve got you visiting, I’d like to share my own secret. I sent it in to PostSecret a few months ago, but like most of the cards, it never made it onto the site. It was even in tune with the Mother’s Day theme, so I think my big chance has passed.

I’d like to explain this secret further, but I think that would defeat the whole PostSecret concept. So, without further ado:

(The preprinted card is from the PostSecret event at Cornell.)

EDITED TO ADD: Since secrets sit better without mitigating circumstances, I won't respond directly to comments. But I will ask everyone to treat this secret with the same respect they would wish for their own.

7 comments:

Heather Jefferies said...

I bet she wishes that too.

Anonymous said...

... sad, because no matter the situation, she was reaching out to you.

Your response makes you sound like an angst filled emo teenager.

Anonymous said...

this made my eyes water.
i really hope everything works out for you.
best wishes.

Anonymous said...

Not at all related to the secret:

AH! Newsies quote! You're my new favorite.

Anonymous said...

I wish my mom could have been better too. I don't think you sound like "an angst filled emo teenager" although I am not entirely sure what one sounds like.
Sometimes we have to move on with our lives without the people who were supposed to be there and just because they "reach out" does not mean we have to reach back. Sometimes we can't.

Unknown said...

I haven't spoken to my mother in over 4 years. She once sent me card, and inside she wrote "you can't get rid of me"

It would defeat the purpose if I wrote back saying "I think I just did"

Thanks for sharing your secret. You aren't alone.

Medical Procedure in India said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was fun reading it. :-)